Monday, September 6, 2010

Smelly no more

Salam dearies..
Today, I would like to talk about deodorants.
picture credits to google
I've been wearing deodorant since I was in standard 6. Back then, my mom and sis introduced me to nivea roll on deodorant. It really lasts long. But the downside of it, it leaves white marks on the armpit area of my shirt. And it doesn't dry off as quickly thus I have to bear with the feeling of wet armpits till the deodorant really dries itself. And that feeling can lasts up to say 3 gruesome minutes. 
Then I started experimenting a whole lot of deodorants. I even tried the 'hibka' or deodorant in the talcum form which looks like this....
credits to kekalsihat.blogspot.com
But hibka doesn't suits me well. It made my skin all dry and flaky. So i switch to Simple roll on deodorant instead. 
picture credits to http://www.shopmania.co.uk
This particular deodorant doesn't lasts long with me. I was quite active back in high school. Not really a sports person but I was always having march practice for my girl guides club. So thus, me being all sweaty and such, I had to change deodorant as this particular deodorant can't even take care of my armpits even for half the schooling hours. Not even half the day, my armpits all sweaty but not smelly.

So there was this one time where me and my bff bought a US pop magazine or something that we came across a deodorant ad where they give a free sample of the smell or something where you rub ur wrists against the paper and voila, smell sticks to ur hands. So we were heads over heels with the smell and decided to search for the deodorant locally. And we managed to find it in watsons. 
picture credits to http://www.amazon.com/


The Lady Speed Stick Invisible Dry Orchard Blossom is one of the best deodorant ive worn. It is not wet, lasts long, with a very mild but lasting sweet smell. I've worn it like 11 years now. But I guess maybe because of me and my body aging, i'm not that suitable for it anymore. Previously, I have no problem with it but now after wearing it for a very long time, its made my clothes a little yellowish on the armpit area of my white shirts.
I thought that I was having this problem alone when one of my fren told me that she too have the same problem and has convert to other brands of deodorant.
So she recommended the garnier mineral 48 hrs deodorant.
picture credits to http://www.ecrater.com


The deodorant truly lasts as long as it claims to even when i'm in very hot and sweating like a pig, i don't have to fear that my armpits will smell like a rotten fish or sweats as a matter of fact. Only prob is, after using this deodorant, my armpits tends to be a lil itchy. Not the dry-flaky-skin itch but its more like the type of itchiness where your armpits hair is growing but i don't have armpits hair. So im thinking of changing my deodorant but don't know what or which brand to change to. Any ideas? thanx...
.

8 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

it's important to feel good and smell fresh =)

cu734ngel said...

soooo true my dear ken..only right now,i do smell fresh only not so good as for the deodorant causes itchiness..haiyooo..:/

DaZzlingLilLy said...

rite now im using nivea deodorant and like u said,it takes few minutes to completely dry..but i luv the nivea smells..1 of my frens suggest body shop white musk deodorant..its lite on ur skin and nice smells too..

cu734ngel said...

body shop eh?noted.will try that..thanx dear fer the idea

♥ Che NamNam ♥ said...

Salam Aidilfitri..!!

cu734ngel said...

salam aidilfitri to you too shi3la

Unknown said...

I pun tak tau sgt pasal deodorant ni ... but for me nivea and rexona ok ja la ... oh and i dont like the spray on ones ... it feels like it's not working at all ... hehe

NOW hati rasa nak try plak yang garnier tu ... cam menarik plak ... thanks ya ^_^

Btw Selamat Hari Raya to u and your family .. Maaf Zahir Batin ... ^_^

cu734ngel said...

garnier tuh mmg best..tapi gatal sket lepas pakai...ooo lupa nak tulis ttg deodorant yang spray..penah try jugak yang rexona tuh teen spirit ke apa..wangi..and tahan lama...best part,dier ley kongsi tanpa was2..ehehehe slamat rayer to you too dear..