Saturday, October 9, 2010

Social Education

Salam Dearies...

Teaching your angels how to socialize. Is it a complicated task or a simple one instead? Well every single child is born individual. Thus it differs from child to child. And it also differs as to how they are raised and the surroundings. As for me, Miffy is more to a very shy and is a little slower to be comfortable with strangers. But once she has warmed up, then she'll be all bubbly and talkative. As for Ayra, she can get along very well and very easily. She will be very talkative and warm right from the beginning.

Why am i rambling about this you may ask. It is because, I've decided to home school my angels and one of the most common question asked when i share with people of my decision is that how will my kids learn to socialize because to them, my kids will only see each other and me without interacting with other kids. This is where they are wrong. I'll make sure that every evening, my angels have their share of happiness and fun by bringing them to the playground and such. There will be other kids there and eventually, my angels would want to make friends. They might not be seeing the same set of friends on a daily basis like other kids who attends kindy but it doesn't mean that they do not know how to socialize.

Other than that, kids who attends kindy, oh well not just kids, but even adults who works in offices too don't know or is not that good at socializing and sharing. Alhamdulillah, my kids know and is learning very well to share their things responsibly. They also will come out to socialize with people when ever i were to bring them to my friend's houses if there are kids there. Socializing is not just confined to the same age. But my kids socializes with my friends too and being kids, they never discriminates people despite their different religion, backgrounds, colour or race. And I have friends from all over the world having different religion and races. Thus my friends are my kids' friends too. =D

Some people will say that kids who are home schooled are spoilt and kinda hard to part with the mothers. But as for me, I can let my angels go out with the aunts or uncles without me tagging along if I know how to slowly talk to them and explain why I wouldn't follow. And it is all up to our reasoning. It is much easier to reason with kids compared to adults. Kids try to understand whilst adults try to make you understand instead. All you have to do is put some faith in a child and they will put faith in you in return. :)

Thus all in all, teaching my angels how to socialize is not that hard as they do go out from time to time to the outside world where they will meet strangers, only difference is, i'll be there next to them to monitor it from close. I guess home schooling really makes the bond between the mother and child stronger as a mother is the teacher, a friend, the disciplinarian and basically, the mother/father is their everything. And with so many social illnesses cases nowadays, i guess home schooling is one of the best ways to cure all this. It's a long term and a slow process but the outcome is  confirmed to be good. With the right mind set, and the right attitude, home schooling is the best way for a child. :)

No comments: